Residents identified the formation of biodiesel industry as a goal in the Phillips County Strategic Community Plan; however, they were unsure how to attract the industry to Phillips County. After Southern funded a $30,000 feasibility study, the numbers compelled a local investor group to capitalize on the opportunity. Through grants and financing, Southern supported the construction of a 40-milllion gallon biodiesel plant in Phillips County. The facility currently produces 100,000 to 120,000 gallons of product per day. The plant presently employs over ten people and anticipates hiring twenty additional employees in the next two years.
- Important COVID-19 Extensions for Homeowners, Renters & Student Loan Borrowers
- How to Manage Student Loan Debt During the Pandemic
- BadCredit.org Highlights Southern Bancorp’s Credit and Counseling Services
- Southern Bancorp Organizations Promote America Saves Week
- The Effect of a Loan Modification on Your Credit