On March 18, 2008, Arkansas Attorney General Dustin McDaniel ordered payday lenders licensed and regulated in Arkansas to stop making loans and forgive all outstanding loans. Southern’s Public Policy team chaired Arkansans Against Abusive Payday Lending (AAAPL), a coalition that played a central role in raising awareness of the payday lending issues. All 275 payday lenders in Arkansas are closed.
- Important COVID-19 Extensions for Homeowners, Renters & Student Loan Borrowers
- How to Manage Student Loan Debt During the Pandemic
- BadCredit.org Highlights Southern Bancorp’s Credit and Counseling Services
- Southern Bancorp Organizations Promote America Saves Week
- The Effect of a Loan Modification on Your Credit