Helena Jobs Incentive
The Helena Jobs Incentive is a community project designed to stimulate job growth and economic activity in Helena-West Helena by providing financial incentives to companies that create new jobs within the city limits, at the Slack Water harbor, or the industrial park.
Incentives may range from $2,500 to $7,500 for each new job and up to $100,000 per project! Incentives will be based on the number and quality of jobs created.
Funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, the Helena Jobs Incentive is administered by Southern Bancorp Community Partners.
Eligible employers must meet the following criteria:
- Be legally organized and authorized to do business in Arkansas.
- Submit an application prior to an expansion or job announcement.
- Retail businesses are eligible.
- Nonprofit organizations and government entities are ineligible.
Eligible incentive expenditures must be directly related to job creation and may include:
- Administrative & management expenses
- Strategic planning & development
- Employee training & recruitment
- Engineering & design costs
- Tools & equipment
- Informational & financial advisory services
- Purchase of insurance
- Supplies & furnishings
- Technical assistance & training